Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Reality Check

Friday, April 18, 2008

Reality Check

I know that most, if not all, photographers are going to be able to relate to this post. To my own degree.....I have gotten caught up in the hamster wheel of the photography world. I call it this because once you get on, it's really hard to jump off. Let me explain....you start looking at everyone else's work without shooting your own. You start doubting your own skills. Now your confidence is going down, you feel uninspired, you feel like you are getting left in the dust while all the other photographers pass you by. Ask me how much anyone else, especially my clients, friends and family care about any of this. Well, that is when I slap myself with a reality check. I picked up my camera, got rid of the concepts in my head and just lived. I captured the things that mattered to me the most and guess what...I am smiling again, and "I am" living in the moment. It is so easy to get caught up in the rat race in any career I am sure, but what if you don't have 3 adorable faces begging for attention and a plethora of self-help books sitting in front of you. I know I am lucky to have moments like this because I always feel like I have grown when I get beyond them, but my ego just gets in the way all the time. But my EGO knows that I am conscious of it now, and it's going down! The pictures below are my therapy....they put an instant smile on my face and they make my heart go beep, beep (as the kids would say)!
Perfection all wrapped up in a couple smiles:)
Innocence...perfectly kissable lips...and my grown little man looking like a baby.
Silliness is the best therapy, thanks Lu
My little Man
My big man giving me "the look"

They melt my heart into a huge puddle!

5 comments:

wrecklessgirl said...

beautiful post. warms up my heart so much - to see those faces and the relationship between you, your camera, and your loved ones. kath, i definitely relate. <3k.

Elle J said...

Gorgeous family!! Love following your writing and pictures. A fan. :)

Willow said...

wow, this sounds like a conversation we had a couple months ago! :) i love letting go, its so much more FUN!!!
damn it your kids are cute! i will SQUEEEEEEEZE them the next time i see them!!! :)

ENDub said...

Okay, I'm loving "the awakening" you are having in this post. Keep at it girl. Plus, how you could possibly ever doubt your mad skills?! I understand what you mean, as you are right, the doubt creeps in to any profession. I've been there 20 times over. However, you are amazing in every way--professional, mom, friend, self, and I'm sure wife too!

Amy said...

These are some amazing pics of your everyday life with your adoreable fam! Good work!