Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Ragdoll Inspired

Friday, April 25, 2008

Ragdoll Inspired

So I am surfing the web one day and I run into this girl's avatar. I get many concept shoots in my head, but most of them just sit in there until they fade. Others, stay in there and scream for attention and will not rest until the shoot comes to life. I don't know why I decided that I needed to do a rag doll shoot with the girls, but these are the pictures that inspired me and wait until you see what Shannon, Kirsten (the amazing make-up artist) and I came up with! I know that it is a bit goth (maybe too weird for some) but it's my interpretation, and my artform. So don't give me crazy comments that ask me what the heck I am doing these days:) There are some photographers that feed off the business side of things...You all know that I feed off the passion, and these are the types of shoots that I need every once in a while to keep the candle lit. I was on cloud nine yesterday after the shoot because it was different, fresh, and inspiring. Not to mention we got to shoot in a graveyard (again, not for everyone). The images below are not mine. I will post my vision later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon as in Shannon Sewell? Hey, I met her and her little girl today! She mentioned a "ragdoll" shoot from yesterday and now I see what she meant! BTW, I'm all for shooting at graveyards ... back in high school, and film photography, I took my final project to a graveyard and received the highest grade out of all the class. Go ME! But, too bad I've misplaced that photo since. =(

Jenifer Johnston said...

I love this. It is nice to do something different once in a while to get your creative juices flowing and to do it just for "you" and for the sake of creating. awesome.