Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: I Never....

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Never....

When will I ever learn to not say "I never"? I have a running list of things that I say I will never do because I previously judged someone else upon observation of their life on their own path. I will never give my child a pacifier was my most ridiculous one....all 3 of mine enjoyed the plastic plug. Well, I thought I would do a selective color on a crazy, ridiculous shoot I enjoyed today with Shannon and the girls. I am tired of eating my words. I am really tired of feeling like I judge. And as a result I have a mean case of TMJ from foot always being in my mouth. I get it...I am aware...and I am becoming a better person:) So here is the selective coloring that I never do, just so that I can judge myself...that looks so 1980 and silly. And then Jamie is laughing in my face just to prove a point of how it feels when something gets slapped back in your face. Let's all try to walk a mile in someone else's shoes if we feel ourselves judging. Can I say, "I will never say I never"?

4 comments:

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

yessss!!!! i knew there was a reason i should check your blog at 2:49 in the morning!!! post more!!!!! so cool!!!!!! p.s. jamie looks exactly like jake in this picture!

Willow said...

ditto! it's easy to talk crap and to hate on something. its harder to admit you maybe might have been possibly a little bit closed minded about something but when you do you grow. the cool thing is then you can make fun of yourself and help others to think about opening their minds too :) u r so awesome and i love you! :)

Willow said...

oh yeah, i totally love the coloring, that image is PERFECT for it!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm anti-selective coloring, too; however, it makes sense for certain looks just like your "ragdoll" shoot. It goes back to "there is a time and a place" and in your case selective coloring was perfect for it. And, per your newer post, I have an insane list of ideas in my head that I just need to get out, too. Sure, everyone will have their opinions of my work, but at least I can say that "I TRIED." Good and bad comments about my work are better than no comments about something that I didn't do because of fear. So, kudos to you for scratching this idea off your long list! Here's to more ideas! =)