Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Boys Turn

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Boys Turn

I know I just wrote to Jalena the other day, and it just so happens that I recently got video footage the other day that inspired me to write a note about the boys and their Dad as well. My Dad comes from an generation and a career that didn't leave a lot of time to sit and play with us kids...not to mention there was 7 of us!!!! We understood my Dad and savored every moment that we did get with him. Jake is a new generation Dad! I am not saying he is better than my Dad, he is just different. The videos below are a prime example of what he does with the kids everyday on some level. Thank you Jake, for being so hands on and for making parenting fun and fantastic! Jamison and Tré, I know that when you read this and see the videos, you will have memories of your Dad as probably being nothing less then your hero. I also know that you already feel and know how much he loves you and how proud he is of all of you. You both have your Dad's giving spirit and amazing personality and I hope you learn how to be a great Dad from him. I love you both! Love, Mom

The video above is one of my favorite catches of video ever. I am pretty sure that Jake holds the record for getting stuck in the most children's tunnels and apparatuses in the NW. 6'7" 2 hundo-something doesn't mix well with small spaces and playgrounds.

3 comments:

Elle J said...

Cheers to the New Generation Dad! It will be fun to see the kids of these amazing dads as adults and possibly raising children of their own; having had great role models. (And cheers to the women who marry these fine men too!)

Shyla said...

have I reminded you lately that your family is my favorite?

You inspire me.

xoxo

ENDub said...

Ha! I was peeking through my fingers at the last video, as I was sure he'd be scraping his head on the bark below with that monkeybar trick! Thank God for dads like Jake :)