Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: What if?

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What if?


One of my dear friends is writing an amazing book, (I will link it when I get permission to promote it) and I have been blessed with the opportunity to help her document the journey. We met this woman on one of the shoots with an amazing story of heartache after she lost her husband in a hunting accident. Her advice to the world is to stop taking for granted that there is going to be a tomorrow for you. It was a very positive outlook on seizing the day. This shot made me think of the loved one that should be sitting next to her on this bench. The emptiness she feels now and has no intention of filling except with her own love. I suppose the quote, "it's better to have loved once and lost then never to love at all", is what this entry is about. I can't ever imagine losing Jake in this lifetime, but I know that I have already lived an amazing life with him and I would never take that for granted or be naive to think that it will be there everyday from here to eternity. I can't even imagine where my life would be without him or half the person I would be of I had never met him. I know that some people never find what we have...o.k. a lot of people never get blessed with a soulmate! Everyday I love him more and more and I never knew that that was even possible. So here is to the possibility that we will be together until the end of time, and also to being thankful for what we have had and to the path ahead for us. Our love is truly brilliant and I didn't want another day to pass without being thankful for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. She couldn't have picked a more perfect person to help her document these stories. I can't wait to see the final product...

Willow said...

thank you for the reminder that i need to live for today!!!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

beautiful kathy. everybody needs this is as a wake up call. i'm looking forward to seeing the book.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!! I think this should be our daily mantra.....carpe diem for reals!! Thanks for always giving lil bits of wisdom and reminding me that each second of life counts.

Anonymous said...

You are so right, not everyone gets the opportunity to be with their soulmate, so here is to us that do and making every day better than the day before! It's the secret!!! **Monica**