Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Shattered Lives

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Shattered Lives

As many of you know I have the honor of taking pictures for a book that a friend of mine (Heidi Yewman) is writing (http://www.toomanygundeaths.com/manuscript.html). We went up to Seattle together two weeks ago and it was the most amazing trip to experience. We talked, we cried, we interviewed, we cried some more, and we had the opportunity to meet two amazing people. I don't want to tell you their story as much as what I got from hearing their stories. John has a beautiful soul and he is a preacher. I felt like in telling about his horrific murder of his 2 year old granddaughter, that he was speaking directly to me through parts of the interview. He was speaking on forgiveness, moving on, seizing the day, and being thankful each moment of our lives for what we have. He is a preacher and he and his wife continue to be dedicated to helping others mend their hearts even though his still aches. His outlook on life is inspiring and his presence is admirable. I know I was meant to meet him and my heart aches for his lose.
Sandy's son was murdered in the Rave shooting is Seattle last year and her heart hasn't even begun to heal. It was the most heart wrenching interview that Heidi has been through thus far because of all the raw emotion and pain she is dealing with. I think in the one photo of her you can see the pain that goes along with losing a child, especially in a violent gun death. It was a pleasure to get to know her son for just a moment by going through his room and listening to him mom gloat about her pride and joy. I think that she is continuing to get to know him (a side she didn't see when he was alive) and that is probably the most painful part. I pray for her to find peace with it all and that she can continue to keep carrying on his spirit (they called him the Deacon) so that his story can help others. Thank you Heidi for bringing your vision into my life and for showing me what it means to dedicate yourself to a cause. Your passion on the subject is inspiring and you have already impacted so many lives out there, including mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

Does anyone know what this says in English?

akliana said...

Just a guess that Rodrigo is a guy who says that he found your blog on google and when you have time you can check out other blogs (maybe his) at the links provided. Just guessing. I can be totally wrong!