Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Keeta

Monday, December 29, 2008

Keeta

We can't even stand it....she is here and she is to die for! She just put her first coil on the carpet this morning and she woke me up at 7AM....you all know that I am not a morning person! She did manage to make me smile at that God awful hour...she must be something special. We picked her up from Kennewick from an awesome couple that started Desert Blue Danes. It was more than worth it to go with a passionate breeder that knows her stuff and goes the extra mile to educate us on keeping her the most healthy we possibly can. Here's the ironic (not so ironic) part about getting her. Jen has a "minimal immunizations" and we must keep up the raw diet. A first this was a bit overwhelming to think about...will she be safe from disease, will my family be at risk being around raw meats everyday? Well, everytime it is explained to me, it is as if they are talking about my new life and my diet....the health benefits, and the work involved in educating myself. I can already see how much this dog is going to do for me both emtionally and physically. I will say, that it is TRULY like having a newborn in the house again! Lots of work...she didn't disappoint there:)
Can you even believe how big her Dad is! He weighs about 175lb. I think?

13 comments:

Shannon Sewell said...

awww - she's pretty friggin' cute :) look at those paws- holy heck!! i'm sure the kids are beside themselves...

xoxo ~S

wrecklessgirl said...

my heart overfloweth.

Kelly said...

I want to give her the biggest squeeze! Big puppy eyes, big puppy paws, and too cute.... Irresistible!

lroah said...

SO cute!!!

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

now your family is complete :) im going to have to check when i meet keeta. looks pretty boyish ;)

Anonymous said...

Jake Here. My kids look soooo happy. Who would have thought that we would have another baby in the house. Rock, Paper or Scissors to get up Tuesday with her?

Kenz said...

WHAT THE F! Are you crazy? Yes that is confirmed! ha she's very cute. I can't wait to see Jamie ride her.

Anonymous said...

well you picked the rite one she is very good in front of the camera!!!! lol anyways i will have to make another trip to see this little cutie love kk

Willow said...

ADORABLE!!!!! btw we feed our cats the raw food diet and they are so much more beautiful on the inside and out because of it. their bodies are made to digest the raw meat even though it seems kinda strange...

ENDub said...

Yep, I'm in love with YOUR dog. She is a beauty Kath. I must see her in person. Heard you and the kids ran in to my hubs the other day. Are we setting a date, or what? I miss the hecks outta the Carlisles! xo,
e

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

Kathy!!! Just got your voicemail. I had a feeling you'd have pics of the pup, so I searched high & low and actually found a tiny spot of wi-fi in Pelican Lake (still at the in-laws). :) Keeta is so cute - you're right - I can't even stand it!!! When you get a chance after your 7 am pee breaks, please try to post a video with the kids. :) I LOVE KEETA!!! Happy New year and thank you for the resolution/goal/lifestyle change. I am putting that into effect NOW. Love to the family + sweet, sweet Keeta.

Rachel Brooke said...

Oh Oh - I have been dying for a blue Great Dane!! They are just the neatest dogs... I hope you post lots and lots of pictures of her in the future.

|sara| said...

AWE she's perfect, now your making me really miss my dane!!! love her to death and post lots of pics, congrats your gonna love having a dane around!!!