Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: What matters?

Thursday, December 18, 2008

What matters?

I know there are a few people out there that will relate to me on this one. The holidays are usually filled with panic, chaos, running around like a chicken with your head cut off? I remember years in the past that I was so stressed out doing other people's cards, getting in orders left and right...trying to make everyone else's Christmas a success. Well, this year, I didn't want any of that. I am priding myself on keeping this time of the year as stress-free as possible. Had this been any other year, I don't think I would be able to look at this situation with such calm eyes. I got my Christmas cards delivered today and was so happy to see them. They put a HUGE smile on my face and I felt so proud...until I handed one to my neighbor (who happens to be a principal) and noticed that the word Simplify got simplified to "Simplfy". Well, here's to not screwing up any of my client's cards, and to giving myself a laugh. Let me send a quick shout out to all my proof readers this year...wait, I didn't have any..this is all on Jake and I (thanks for taking one with me boo:) This is perfect timing....don't sweat the small stuff...there is no good that will come into our lives when we stress out! Happy snow day!!!! Here are some outtakes from this year's card.

8 comments:

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

the beauty of simplicity :] you guys are so great! definitely one of the biggest highlights of my year was meeting you and your family! the love and joy and passion you have is contagious! thank you!

Aaron

Shannon Sewell said...

ooohhh... can't wait to see the card!!!!!!! :D

~S

lroah said...

If those are outtakes, I can only imagine how amazing your card looks!!!! You so made me laugh with this post. I have been so busy doing everyone else's, I didn't even shoot mine until today....with my NON-cooperative 4 year old.

Elle J said...

We received a card this week where they had ordered PEASE instead of PEACE to be on their holiday card. No worries, it still brought a smile to our faces. Human.

Your photos are incredible! You guys make a great team ~ beautiful!

Carla Pomroy said...

Kathy- thanks for your amazing journal of your journey with wellness and lifestyle. I am touched by your expression of gratitude, joy and opportunity. You have inspired me to reclaim my focus on balance and nutrition. I know I will get a chance to finally meet you this coming year....road trip with Willow to your neck of the woods. Happy (everyday) Holidays to you and your beautiful family. Blessings-
Carla

Erin said...

Love the photos... I can't wait to see the card... and guess what I asked Santa for... :) We'll just have to see if he comes through for me before I get you too excited. Loves, E

Amy said...

Your card = all time fave! So amazing....every year I get your card I know I will feel your families love for eachother! Thanks again for being apart of our lives and all the JOY you bring to those around you!! Much love Carlizzie!!

Amy said...

Your card = all time fave! So amazing....every year I get your card I know I will feel your families love for eachother! Thanks again for being apart of our lives and all the JOY you bring to those around you!! Much love Carlizzie!!