Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Magical Season

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Magical Season

What an amazing time of the year! I think this is the first time in a LONG time that I have truly felt just that. I think I have said on here before that I have been sick with either pregnancy, flu or other for the past 7-8 Christmas's. Well, this year we are healthy, happy and I have turned over a new leaf. Because the kids are at such an incredible age, it was the most magical time we have all had for Christmas. Santa spoiled the kids, and their excitement was absolutely contagious. Starting from cutting down our tree, decorating the house, and shopping...there was never any stress and we were able to take in each moment. As if that wasn't all enough....we were able to make a family dream come true! Up to this point in my children's life, I haven't been very conscious about what kind of memories they are going to hold onto in their wee little lives. I know that they will always carry Alaskan memories of all their cousins, Grandma, Papa, and Teta's and uncles. But, what an amazing moment to know that this Christmas we were quite literally creating one of those moments that they will carry with them the rest of their lives. We broke down and decided to bring our dream dog into the family. We are going to have another baby in the house and the beauty of it is, that I don't have to rough my nipples up for it;) TMI! I know:) rofl.... Well, her name is Keeta and she is an 7 week old Blue Dane. We are picking her up earlier then we expected....TOMORROW:) Yipee! Last night I thanked Jake for all of his hard work this year to help keep us afloat, and he took it one step further and made dreams come true. Somehow "thank you" just never seems like enough. This morning we laid in bed thinking about our 2009 goals. I am so excited for the New Year and full of happiness. Some words that I am going to take into the new year (not resolutions) are CHANGE, PRESENCE, SELF-LOVE, AWE, AND FUN!
To see the video of the kids getting their surprise package you have to go see it on my Facebook page.

5 comments:

lroah said...

Merry Christmas!!!!That dog is SOOOOOOOOOO cute! Wishing you and your family all the health and happiness you so deserve!!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Kathy!! What a darling puppy (that won't be a puppy for long -lol). I saw the video you posted and it got me so teary when I saw your son's reaction once it sunk in. You can just feel the love you and your family feel for one another - I love that!! You are truely blessed.

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

WOW... definite TMI! haha.. :) but everything else you said was wonderful and beautiful:) Im excited for you guys with life and the dog! I feel warmth in my heart for you :)

The Thomas Crew said...

You sound like you had a wonderful holiday season. The puppy looks adorable!! My in laws have had danes and they are so lovable. A great family dog but they eat A LOT!! lol. I hope you enjoy your time with her :)

ENDub said...

OH MY! I can't believe what a true beauty your new babe is. She's so precious and plush!