Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Get the Kleenex out!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Get the Kleenex out!

Brace yourself for this one. I don't usually post stories trying to get tears...but this one I know will bring a few because I still have vapors in my eyes writing it. Yesterday while the kids were waiting to get their sandwiches from Subway I saw them talking at the table. When I sat down and spread all their food out I went to bite into my wrap. Tré looks at me in the most serene moment and says.....(first I'll get his face in your mind)


"Mom, we're kind of glad that you got MS. If you wouldn't have ever gotten it, then we wouldn't have changed our life to a healthier one. We are sad though that you haven't gotten rid of it yet though. But we feel happy that you got it." I then had to reassure them that the reminder to be healthy will never go away because I will have the disease for the rest of my life. I told them that it was a dis-ease in my body that told me to do something different and it will come back to remind me when I don't do the right things. He said, "see that's why we feel happy that you got it." If that isn't a testament that I am doing the right thing:) I can't tell you how much joy this moment brought me and how many tears of joy that I shed. I know that this is devastating in a lot of situations, but this one story is a story of hope on the journey of change. Just incase you are crying like I did, I thought I would leave you with a priceless shot that I captured in the tender moments of creating this years Carlisle Christmas card. Jamie misunderstood me when I said to "get Daddy"....well, maybe he didn't...he got him alright! Enjoy;)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you finally thought of a christmas card idea!!! good job!!!!

Anonymous said...

that last comment was from kk

Anonymous said...

you are amazing. cw

Amy said...

Everything we have ever done since the moment of their birth is pray they grow up healthy, happy and strong! You are doing a kick ass job Carlizzie!! Thanks for this post...amazing!!! That shot of Jake, crazy priceless!!! (tapping toes thinking of the "loft" pics I hope you post soon ;)

Anonymous said...

do i see a bit of pink in lulus hair??? kk

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

how can you make me cry and crack up laughing in the same minute?!?!?!?!?

Janice Ordal said...

love the holiday pic. hilarious! wish i could get the health "bug" you've caught. lots of people would just go on doing what they know. impressive, kathy!!

--janice

Anonymous said...

Your kiddos are so tender...the way they handle you and each other is a true testimony to the foundation you've given them. Great work! The chestnuts shot is to die for! Thinking of you. Cass

The Thomas Crew said...

My kids have taught me a lot over the years and its times like these when they really touch your heart that you are so very thankful that you have them in your life.
The photo of them with Jake is hilarious. I guess 'get dad' has a different meaning to each of them lol.