Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Peace

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Peace

I was hoping that bringing a dog into our life would bring a couple different things. I wanted it to be my constant reminder and teacher on how to master staying in the moment. I wanted the kids to get a taste of responsibility of having a pet. I wanted her to bring more love into the home and lastly, making walks a new constant in my life.

What I didn't expect.....that Cesar Millan's book would come into my life and affect me as much if not more than "A New Earth" and all the other self help books I have read. He believes that dogs are brought into our life to specifically teach us something that we are needing or missing. Well, let me tell you what she has brought to my life in just 2 short weeks. Whenever I get blazing mad at her for biting or defecating in the house, I have to check my energy. She feeds off my energy and she knows when I am high strung. This will help me be more conscious of stress (the #1 feeder of my disease). She takes a lot of naps, she eats raw and healthy, she NEEDS exercise and above all, she needs LOVE. What am I trying to say here? Keeta is bringing me peace. She is teaching me all sorts of daily lessons that not only making me a better person, but also a stronger parent (a parent to my kids, not her). Yes, I have had a dog before, but it wasn't the right time, clearly not the right breed for our chill family, and Cesar wasn't in my life then. I am happy, I am walking everyday (as far as a puppy can go), I am playing V-ball again, and each day I get mentally stronger. All this is helping me in the larger picture of my life....putting my body at peace. Now don't go running out to get a dog, for God's sake.....just know that if it is the right time and the right dog, they just may help you shed another layer of that ego of yours and you may just learn something more about yourself. Thanks (not so little Keeta):) Everyone keeps asking why we picked a Great Dane....I think she picked us and there was a higher hand in the mix of this;)

3 comments:

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

Amen sister...Amen. There's a time and place for everything. Keeta is obviously proving to be a sweet answer to so many things. By the way, she's the first dog I've seen rock a bracelet! I'm loving that last image...she's gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Cesar Millan! I'm happy to hear that you're all finding "peace" together! Dogs do have a way of doing that to us! Thank you for answering our time for Healy! We LOVE her and we know that she is the wonderful dog she is because of the time you spent with her!!! We can't wait to meet Keeta! Love you LOTS! sheli...smile

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

awww.. i want a dawg. such a pretty puppy can't wait to meet her. thanks for sharing. im glad you having more peace :)