Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: I love...

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I love...


After watching my sister's favorite movie Amelie a couple weekends ago, I am more conscious of the simple things in my life right now. I have taken inspiration from the movie to do a list of "I love" and "I hates" on my bio page of my website...which you can't see yet! It's a fun game to play with those close to you as well...start taking turns on coming up with lists of the loves and hates in your life. For instance..."I love, the first smell of the winter in AK, before it actually snows." "I hate it when people wear their bluetooth headpiece 24/7 and only use it for a few minutes out of the day."
I bring this all up because when I saw this picture of myself, it made me want to make a list of the reasons why I love photography...why it is so close to my heart.
I love photography because it makes me happy....it has helped me face some of my fears....it makes me brave....it forces me to look at things in a whole new light...it's forced me to notice the weather....it challenges me...it has brought me to a lot of amazing people in my life....it continues to intrigue me daily...for the first time in my life, it makes me crave learning...and above all, it helps me capture all the memories that have already escaped my mind! Here's to photography and all the people and places it will take me to.

1 comment:

Willow said...

i LOVE it when i am inspired by other photographers (like you kathy!!! and you too shannon!!!) who are encouraging to me and others. i LOVE sharing my ideas and vison. i LOVE to put every part of me into this heart felt profession and feel all the emotions of the people i am photographing. i HATE having to get organinzed because i am so much better at being a mess. i LOVE the challenge though :) and i would never wear my bluetooth 24/7 because it is just NOT fashionable or cool or comfortable!!!