Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Family

Monday, September 10, 2007

Family

I know you all have seen this picture before....but after being away from family at a difficult time I wanted to grab the first picture that spoke to me and made me feel better. My Dad is in the hospital with a staph infection where he hooks up for dialysis. I don't understand all the technical stuff and the next steps to getting him better are all very sudden and seem serious. He has to have the tubing removed as quick as possible to get rid of the infection and then they have to create a new line so that he can go through with his regular dialysis on Wednesday. He is very weak, and his fever has totally taken him down. I can hear it in everyone's voice that they are scared of the unknown and hurt when they see Dad so weak. I say all this and I feel better when I look at this picture because I know how important family is and this pic shows the love that is needed to get through tough times like these. I want more then anything to be home with everyone right now and I feel so helpless here going through my daily routine. As the kids got down on their knees tonight and said the most beautiful prayer for their Grandma and Papa, I just smiled. It wasn't until I wrote this that I totally broke down because I have been storing up all the emotion, just waiting to hear news. He is very strong and I know he is going to get through this, but it is a very hard transition to go through....life isn't slowing down any and the love just keeps growing....which makes for a very large heart that can easily get broken. I miss my family and wish I could pull together with them at this time. BTW what is that painful feeling that you get in your throat when you are about to cry...I want a medical explanation for that annoying pain! Hug your family and tell them that you love them tomorrow.

5 comments:

Willow said...

k-i cry about nothing (according to mike)and not about anything (things don't affect me as much after my mom). i am half teared up and you gave me that feeling in my throat-damn you! i am so sorry for you that you aren't close in distance to your fam-that sucks. i hope that all this sharing helps other people to value what they have right now, right in front of them, you never know for how long you will have it.

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

I can't imagine how frustrating it is to be so far from your dad right now...but I know - without a doubt - that your dad feels your support and love like you're right next to him.

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you and your family...

Patrice said...

Man Flo... I know how you are feeling right now. You have strong prayers and I know they will get to your dad and he will get better soon. He's one TOUGH man. We all miss you and could use a little laughter up here! Vera

Anonymous said...

Dale & I saw your parents on Tues evening. Your mom decided to stay with your dad at the hospital. Your dad seems to be in very good spirits and is very talkative. He gave quite an explanation on what the procedure was all about. I just got back from an unexpected trip to Hawaii because my dad had a major stroke. It is my 3rd trip there and I can empathize with you on what you are going through. Your father and Grandama Rose have a huge support group in Fairbanks and that is helping both get the support they need, but I know they feel your love. Aunt Liana