Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Never Forget Them

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Never Forget Them

This is what the pins said that everyone was wearing at the memorial/dedication. It was a peaceful day filled with more hope than sadness. It was so surreal for me. I remember watching footage on the T.V. and then it was gone out of my head after a bit when I turned it off. For the community that went through the massacre, they live it each day. The memorial was so well done, and it is a beautiful place for people to remember the 13. I just went online to research more of the details and I am definitely not ready for that. I could feel rage and confusion building up the more I read. For now I want to remember the words that Dawn Anna (mother of Lauren that was killed) spoke and I want to remember the 13. Here are a couple pics from the memorial.
This balloon was released for Dave (the teacher that was killed)
This was one of the fathers of one of the students killed and he was wearing a shirt with all the victims names.
These were the 13 balloons that the families wrote messages on and released them all together.
Then they released 13 doves into the air first, then 200 for all the injured. It was so powerful and I will never forget!

3 comments:

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

I really enjoyed our conversation today...what an unforgettable experience you've had. Seeing these photos makes it even more amazing. The last two of the balloons and doves are perfection. You captured the memorial so beautifully & respectfully. A *true* journalist.

Patrice said...

Oh man Kath. The pic with the balloons is just breathtaking! Great job. What a great memorial.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is so freaking brilliant! I love photos, and I love how much the experience moved you. Look forward to future stories, as you explore the journalist inside.

The power of the purple balloon photo ...it's great.