Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Processing Thoughts

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Processing Thoughts

I just got back from Colorado and I have been trying to write on my experience all day and I can't come up with the words. As my friend Heidi's husband put it, "It sounds like you have some processing to do"! That is exactly what I am trying to do and I just can't get all my thoughts straight. Let me try to start by explaining why I went on the trip. As you remember from before on an earlier post...my friend Heidi is writing an amazing book called Shattered Lives. We went to Colorado to interview a couple people on her list and to take pictures of a couple people that she had already interviewed. I went there knowing that it would be as intense as the other interviews and that we would be wiped out each day. What I didn't see coming was that the trip would be uplifting, enlightening, earth-shaking, and peaceful. I will be able to explain it more as the week goes on, but for now I just want to thank Heidi and her family for being so great to me. Heidi, you mean the world to me, your book has impacted me more than I could have ever dreamed of, and you are making a difference in this world. I admire you and I want to thank you for making me a better person. Thank you for being you and opening your world to me.
This is out at Heidi's parents cabin and we were at 9,000 feet (holy headaches!)
Heidi and I on the self timer.
We went to the Columbine Memorial and it was the most powerful moment of my life. I will leave you with the words of Columbine...."NEVER FORGET THEM"!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

I bet seeing that memorial was intense. Such a HUGE tragedy! Sounds like you had a good trip!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

What a life-changing trip. I want to hear all about it. I'll be stalking for more trip photos...and waiting for a phone call. :)