Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Life

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Life

It seems appropriate that on my 100th post that I would talk about LIFE and focus on the most important people in my life. I already did a long post on the Man that I admire most, Mr. Jake Carlisle! This picture above names a few more, and it invokes so many emotions that I have been experiencing lately. My Dad is in surgery as we speak to get his veins prepared to begin dialysis in a couple months. His kidneys are failing, but his mind is still as strong and beautiful as ever. Jake found out his Dad was diagnosed with prostrate cancer the same day that we found out about my Dad's surgery. We have been having a lot of deep talks about time flying by and why all of the sudden time seems to be going too fast! I know time still exists (friendly reminder every minute that passes by), but right now I just want to close my eyes and wrap my arms around my parents. I want time to stop so that I can take it all in. Once I had children of my own, it seemed as though life all of the sudden went in fast forward. I believe it's because it was the first time I was finally able to see beyond myself. I don't think I was a selfish person, I just hadn't been affected by time yet. I have experience death in my family in the last couple years for the first time ever...I see my kids growing up too fast...and I see my parents going through the many transitions of aging in the later years. The only way that I can wrap my head around the whole phase of life that I am experiencing is "to take one day at a time"! I know that I have been beyond blessed in life and I will continue to focus on being the most gracious that I can be. I have started looking at pictures of my kids with my parents as GOLD. They are going to hold the pictures near and dear to their hearts because I know some of their favorite memories in life are going to involve these two amazing people! Here's to personal journeys and being able to seize the day! I am excited for what the future holds for me because each day I get more enlightened by all that happens around me.

3 comments:

Amanda May said...

WOW! I know I already told you this, but I'll say it again, you have such a GIFT...your writing evokes SO much emotion in me! I love the way you are able to so beautifully express your emotions...in words AND in pictures...amazing!!

Willow said...

inspite of the news of bad health, how awesome is it that you had the recent opportunity to spend some time with your fam in alaska and that you are a fabulous photog and have many documented moments...you are so right, those images are gold!!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

Ditto to what Willow & Amanda said. I will keep your dad and Jake's dad in my prayers.