Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: 9 Brilliant Years!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

9 Brilliant Years!

I love his lips...his eyebrow...his laugh
he cooks, he cleans, he doesn't judge.....
These were the lists that I started with writing this entry earlier...that bored even me, so I am going to attempt to go deeper to express my love for him (without it sounding like a Hallmark card).
Jake has shown me to live life day by day. To look at the glass half full rather than half empty.
He has given me the dream family that I never expected, only imagined. He is the best teacher that I have ever had in my life...my mentor! He has an aura around him that makes people want to know him and a confidence in himself that makes you want to be like him. I have never met a more hands on father in my life and the kids literally have their idol in their household. He has made me want more out of life and to be better at everything that I take on. As a result, I am proud of the mother, the daughter, the sister, and the wife that I have become and I know I will be proud of all that is my future. He continues to help me grow without a judging eye and he makes my life exciting. I know I shouldn't go on, but heck...this is my blog and I am just getting on a roll! Here's some eye candy to make you go on as well.....
All this time (especially over the last few months) I have been trying to find the "balance" in my life. What I didn't realize is that when there is perfect balance on a scale, it isn't moving...it's steady. Well as long as I am alive, everything will be in constant motion, so it's impossible to find the balance. What Jake has found in life and practices without even knowing it is, the perfect "Harmony"! He juggles his career, his family, his faith, his marriage...all the while taking off each hat (role) in the most sensational rhythm (did I mention he CAN dance as well). He is constantly a force in my life that I try to imitate my thoughts and actions after. I couldn't be on a better path, with a better person to help in my self discovery. He is intoxicating and I am in love with every piece of him and I will continue to fall head over heels with him as long as death do us part! Thank you for being you Jake Carlisle...."I'm glad I got you"!
He carved this in the piece of driftwood the other day when we were exploring with the kids. I'm sure that the message of "Daddy loves Mommy" will far out weigh the message that "tagging is ok."!
Happy Anniversary, Boo!

6 comments:

Shyla said...

do you know how incredibly inspiring your relationship is? Thank you so much for being a couple that sets an example of what it means to be happy and in love. Because of couples like you, I can smile knowing that I get to experience 'THAT' someday!

I heart you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

I feel like I'm a better person just for reading this! Happy Anniversary! Your love for Jake is something I wish everyone could experience. I also want you to know that you're equally amazing, which makes you such a *brilliant* couple.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniv lady!! Love the post and I am just so lucky to have you both in my life! Call me when you want to rock the sitting shoot....

Amanda May said...

Something tells me the feelings are mutual!! ;) What a beautiful example you guys are of what marriage *should be*...Congratulations!

Kenz said...

Again with the CRYING! You have to stop posting stuff like this...I'm Pregnant and I cry every time I look at your blog. But something tells me that just knowing you and your family I would cry even if I wasn't pregnant.