Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: I feel

Monday, September 8, 2008

I feel

I met this beautiful girl this summer and I thought I would share this series of shots that touches my heart to the core! About 1 month prior to these pictures she lost her older brother suddenly. I loved this series of her dancing in the rain feeling the raindrops on her skin with the most beautiful smile on her face. Her brother's spirit is in her and very alive and I pray that her and her family find the strength the push on. You are very strong Maggie. Keep taking one day at a time, one moment at a time, and continue to keep your brother's spirit alive. I love finding the perfect poem.


My Brother
Written by Claytia Doran

With a burdened heart and a troubled mind,
I kneel by the side of his grave
And I cry for my brother, I love so much,
For no longer can I be brave.

I know he'd hate to see me cry.
But, everything's gone wrong
And I need to tell him I love him.
I haven't told him in so long.

He used to dry my tears away
And put a smile in their place.
Oh God, I'd be so happy
If I could only see his face.

You see, I miss him terribly.
We were close, him and I.
He taught me so many things, Lord.
He took the time to answer why.

Why did he have to leave me?
I feel so all alone.
I long to hear his voice again,
To call him on the phone.

Oh Lord, please give me strength
To bear this awful pain.
Tell him that I love him, Lord.
Slow these tears that fall like rain.

Assure me that we'll meet again,
Upon your Golden Shore,
And once more he'll be my brother
In Heaven, forever more.


6 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay, that lands right on my heart. Beautiful presentation, beautiful poem,..... just beautiful!

Willow said...

wow. i totally understand her being filled with her brother, i felt that way after my mom died. i was sad but at the same time i felt filled with her spirit, like she was comforting me in some sort of way and making me feel peaceful. i was sad but i could smile and having my family around it was like we were all knitted toether. i still cried in the shower but i wasnt as devestated as you would think because i could feel her. weird, i know. sometimes i feel worse now thinking about how much i miss her. i cant believe its been 7 years...

ok, now i'm crying, thanks kathy!! :)

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

Kathy....what a touching poem and uplifting photos. Those photos are going to rock that family's heart...amazing way to approach her photo session!

Anonymous said...

hey teta! so your photos made maggies day and mine it means a lot for someone to care enough to find a poem and show someone that people to care and LOVE MAGGIE! anyways thanks! love yah kk

Unknown said...

kathy i dont know where to begin, school just started up and i have been haveing a really hard time sometimes i cant even make it through the day, today was an exceptionally horrible day, I came home in tears,i just couldnt stand being around anybody it was too hard.this poem was amazing and soo incredibly perfect. i feel as if i could have written it word for word, if only i could write poetry, thank you sooo much you have no idea what this means to me.