Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: "I don't do...."

Thursday, September 25, 2008

"I don't do...."


Remember a while back when I said that my "I never's" always come back on me? Well....I don't know how many times I have heard myself tell people that "I don't do weddings!" Now how do I tell you all... that I just did a wedding...and I liked it;) It's a long story, but I was asked to second shoot a wedding for a fellow photographer, Missy Desgrosellier from Take 5 Photography. The man I was hired to shoot along side is Greg Pierce. He usually has Darcie Radtke from Truth in Light Photography second shoot with him. She was busy with her own wedding and Missy thought of little ol' me:) Now you see how we are all connected in this crazy web;) I met Missy and Patrick and fell in love, and it was great to work with Greg and watch him in action. All that being said...I still think that wedding photography is one of the most physically and mentally demanding types of photography out there, and I don't know when I will ever be ready to jump on that train! I am literally still feeling the effects and what I like to call the "wedding hangover". I went into it with a "birthing plan", no..a "wedding plan". I printed off page upon page of inspiring photos. I scouted the joint before hand and plotted out locations for desired shots. Do you think I used any of this on the actual day.....the answer here is a big, fat, NO! What I did get out of the day was a huge lesson in the fact that I don't have control and sometimes that's the beauty of it all. I think I could go on and on...and I will in other posts, but for now I just wanted to share a couple reasons why the day was so amazing for me. I know that I am not suppose to cry as the "professional" behind the camera...but, the father/daughter dance was like a direct hit right on my heart. It was the most beautiful moment watching her lose all control of the tears as she danced safely in her father's embrace (most little girl's dream). I will treasure being a witness to that moment for years to come. I remembered in an instant my dance, just 10 years ago and a RUSH of emotions poured over me. I would like to say thank you to Missy and Patrick for allowing me to have such a beautiful connection with their whole family on that amazing day and I can't wait to share my story that I was honored to capture. I leave you with the "Always the photographer...now the Bride" picture:)

6 comments:

Shannon Sewell said...

GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to see the rest :)

~S

Anonymous said...

I love the last picture of Missy! Beautiful! I am looking forward to seeing the rest! Thanks for being there girl:)

Darcie

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

I've been checking every day for this post - and wow! The father-daughter dance image is beautiful. It's filled with so much emotion! I am counting down until next summer - we are going to rock the hizzzzzouse sistah! You're turning into quite the wedding photographer. :-) he he. You thrive on emotion...so it's a natural fit for you...

Take 5 Photography said...

Ahhh! I LOVE them Kathy!!! Thank you thank you thank you (for the millionth time). This is why I contacted you. I am so deeply grateful.

Much love,

Missy

Lindsay said...

Beautiful, beautiful, as always!

Colleen_Katana said...

They look absolutely beautiful, Kathy! I already mentioned it to Missy, but...um...how do you feel about flying to NY for MY wedding? You know, in like 10 years when I finally find a man who will marry me. (Totally kidding, btw about you flying here!)