Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Dream Weekend

Monday, November 12, 2007

Dream Weekend

I love our life! At the end of the day, we are happy, healthy, in love and our life is beyond blessed. Some might think that the dream weekend would consist of being whisked away on a jet plane to somewhere exotic. It doesn't take much for us to get excited about a weekend. Our dream weekend consists of our dear friend Jacque, overnight bags, and no agenda! I surprised Jake for his birthday this weekend with an overnight stay in a hotel. O.K. so I did the same thing for him last year, but it was just as amazing this year. We stayed in the sister hotel of our hotel last year (Lucîa) and it was even better...Hotel deLuxe .
The decor was right up my alley and it took everything in me not to snag this to die for chair!
Then we ate a flawless dinner at Ruth's Chris where we ran into the Dallas Maveick's team. Jake and I watched the boys eating a lonely dinner with a rep smoozing them and thought that our life could have been just that. We both agreed that we felt blessed to have exactly what we have now instead of him being on the road without us. This was a really cool wall that lit up when you walked by it. Entertaining:)
The next morning we went shopping around downtown Portland together. There was nothing to do but hold hands, talk about whatever came to mind, and spending money...I'd call that a day!
As if the weekend wasn't enough, we topped it off with a night at the movies with the kids. I love our movie nights because the kids get so excited and we all had a blast.
I just want to thank Jacque for giving us the gift of LOVE. She got me this amazing quote book called Brilliance, Uncommon voices from uncommon women. There was just the perfect quote for her from us...."You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned you money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you." Jacque and Christina continue to give us this gift of love that I just don't know that I could ever repay. I love you girls and you mean the world to us!

2 comments:

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

No joke...that was a dream weekend. So happy for you guys...Happy Birthday Jake!

Janice said...

well, i only got dinner from my girlfriends for my birthday this weekend. you're a nice wife!!
stay at the hotel max ("brother" hotel to lucia and deluxe) in seattle. love it! also, their restaurant, red fin, is amazing.

--janice