Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Who we attract...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Who we attract...

The journey to wholeness requires that you look honestly, openly and with courage into yourself, into the dynamics that lie behind what you feel, what you perceive, what you value, and how you act. It is a journey through your defenses and beyond so that you can experience consciously the nature of your personality, face what it has produced in your life, and choose to change that.
Whether you explain it with the saying, Opposites attract or Like draws like, there is something mystical about the way we attract people into our lives. There is a divine setup working that ensures we attract the people who will cause us to take a deeper look at ourselves. The people we are attracted to and who are attracted to us are the ones who volunteer to help us heal our unseen wounds.
I love everything about these quotes from Gary Zukav, and they especially make me thing of someone in my life.

As many of you know this girl means the world to me. It becomes more and more clear why we drawn into each other's lives (and maybe even more confusing as we try to define it). She makes me want to be a better person, photographer, mother, and most importantly, a better friend. I have learned so much from having her in my life and I treasure every piece of it. The picture above is a picture that I took at Jesh's workshop that I thought was ironic because I put a nice label on her as being a "closed book". The picture below was a self portrait that blows my label away and opened my eyes a bit more to who she is without the labels from me. It says she's strong (clearly indicated by her huge bicep) and in fact, open...yet guarded. She is Shannon...no labels...no perceptions...just Shannon. Love ya. Thank you for your friendship and for being "my mirror" last night.
Don't you just love the "ideal communication" sign above your head. We weren't allowed to talk at all during this shoot, but we found ideal communication anyway:)

Just thought I would add one more because she's so hot.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what you said. :) i don't know shannon half as well as you, but i adore her as well. i love these shots you captured of her.

--janice

Willow said...

I'm glad I'm a part of the life of the two of you and that you two are a part of my life. I think we were like magnets, yes? :)
ps i want a big bicep too

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

holy cow on the biceps. GREAT pics...and i'm so happy you guys had a fun trip!!! still dying to hear all the details. call u soon...promise!

Shannon Sewell said...

of course, I have no words... (you knew that though, didn't you?? haha).

Thank you. (for everything)

~S

Anonymous said...

Great shots! She is a hottie (as all your girlfriends are!) So glad you guys make eachother better....without that it would be pointless!! Love ya both! A