Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Jesh De Rox ROCKS!

Friday, November 2, 2007

Jesh De Rox ROCKS!

Where do I even begin? I have started this blog 4 times and the simple words that I am coming up with to describe the experience are not even close to doing any justice! In fact, this time around isn't going to be any different. I think I will just keep jotting down random thoughts relating to this journey and maybe some of it will make sense at some point. I told Jake that I would have to explain the details over the next month and I would refer to things that Jesh said as Jeshisms. This is a picture of Jesh reading out of the "book of Jesh" (this was just a joke, don't go looking to buy his book:).
There were so many details that I can't goo into explanation about because he asked us to keep some of the details a mystery so that he could use similar ideas in other workshops and keep them a surprise for others as well. There was a self portrait project that we did and this was mine below. I wanted to capture the way a shot coming into the workshop, hidden behind the camera. And the way I want to shoot more like, which is open and connecting to the people that I am capturing. Since the workshop I have been thinking a lot about labels that we so easily put on one other and things just so that we can understand them. Labels be-gone and hello connections. Before I go on and on about this experience you have to check out some of the sites of the people that were significant to this journey with me. What an amazing group of people, oh yeah, and they were amazing photographers too! Lots more to come on this trip. Wait until you see the wig day I had with Shannon and Sara France!!!!
Jennifer, Sara F, Shannon (of course), Heather, Lisa, Sarah, Ed, Justin, Susan, Nate& Jaclyn, and Jesh

4 comments:

lroah said...

It was wonderful to meet you - hope to hook up at WPPI next year. Thanks for sharing during a fabulous week!

Lisa said...

Crazy! Ed = Ed Atrero = our engagement photographer. He was one of the photogs in the list of possibilities that you sent me a while back. I had told him about you...

What a small world. Hope all is well! btw, thanks for the Halloween posts, they made my Friday :)

Anonymous said...

Kathy - it was wonderful to meet you - I remember Jesh saying don't share too much and I'm hoping that my blog post didn't! I'm so glad that we've become friends, and hopefully we'll see one another soon :)

Anonymous said...

qg9ozuw9g

my web site - quick and easy loans