Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: San Diego Fun

Friday, November 2, 2007

San Diego Fun

Before I get all deep and emotional with my posts, I thought I would share some fun posts. Here are some shots from the first day in San Diego. Everything in Shannon told her that we were driving the wrong direction and that we should turn around. She said "it's like we are driving into Armageddon". There was nothing but blue sky behind us and we were driving right into the chaos. The fires were crazy and it rained ash on us the entire time. A couple of the workshop attendees had been evacuated from their homes, but everything turned out fine for them. I looked for any kind of sign to tell me that I shouldn't go to San Diego at the airport..I even lost my ID and it mysteriously appeared at my gate right before take-off (I am still baffled by that one). Shannon and I walked down to the beach and checked out the scene right when we got to The Image is Found Studio because we were too early. We didn't feel right doing a shoot, but we found some fun places to go back to one day! This is my rendition of Bay Watch.
Driving right into the wall of ash!
Even their dumpsters were amazing to shoot by.
Can you even imagine a shoot by this craziness. I decided I am just going to start taking pictures of the places that I imagine shoots even if I can't do one there. We ran out of time and I was burned out mentally to do any kind of shoot after the workshop.

1 comment:

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

Yessssss...I've been stalking, waiting, logging on every hour or so...couldn't wait to see pics from San Diego!!! I've been waiting for you to get settled back in...will call you up soon to get the scoop. Glad you had a great time...and that you found your ID!