Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Passion

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Passion

Today I told me sister that I was feeling the need to blog about passion. Her response..."not again"! I can't help it, and especially right now when I am overflowing with it. I have been trying for weeks to get a grasp on all these emotions and desire for change. The last aspect of my life that I thought the San Diego workshop would effect the most, was my relationship with my hubby. Many times we go through life without having moments of sustenance. We rehash (as Jesh calls it) information back and forth to each other ((ie, "how are you doing" "fine, "how are you"). Most of the time, we just go through the motions in our conversations (with everyone around us) just scratching the surface in our passing conversations. When was the last time you actually walked up to someone and asked them how they were, really meant it, and then waited in excitement for the answer? So when Jake and I get into our rehashing mode with each other, sometimes for days, it takes its toll. We start to miss each other even though we are in the same room. Neither of us want to get trapped into the life of rehashing our days to one another, saying 'I love you' and not feeling the impact of the words, or going days without 'seeing' each other. By 'seeing' I mean looking right at them and thinking about nothing else but who they are, what they smell like, or has anything changed about them? You have to hear each other. What do they desire in life, what are they missing, what are they feeling? What did we come up with the other night when we 'saw' each other for the first time in a week? I'm an over-thinker, he's a doer, we're wried differently and we are attempting to cross wires daily:)
If something isn't going right, he looks at what he can do to fix it right now. I start looking at the reasons of how we got there, did I have a part in it, and now what do I do. One of the valuable pieces of knowledge that I grabbed onto from Jesh was the definition of Buddhism (that it's not really defined as a religion, but a way of life). The motto that I have been focusing on the last week is "one thing at a time". When my mind starts racing with over-thinker thoughts, I try to focus on the here and now. What sounds are around me, what do I see, what am I currently doing? This week I have been thinking much more clearly because I am keeping it simple.
So back to passion....I've got a lot of it! I love that Jesh opened my eyes to a whole new world of new feelings, emotions, and awareness. I love Jake for opening my eyes to the simple things and for continuing to b my safe place to understand myself. Each time that things get crazy in my life and I feel like I'm not juggling everything well, he just brings me back to the NOW. When I am totally connected to him (mind, body and soul), everything else seems to fall into place. I know that I am doing an amazing job as a mother. I am having clear thought on direction of my business. I am very excited for the future of Heaven's Eye and all the doors that it will continue to open for me. I am ecstatic that I have amazing kids that love me for me. And I am blessed to have someone by my side that loves me unconditionally and keeps the passion ignited in me. So here's to passion...go get it!
These pictures were taken by a fellow workshop attendee that wanted to feel the power (o.k. weight) of my camera. Thanks for the great shots Heather! I am going to have to brainstorm on passion topics that I can keep bringing up so that the posts don't have to be this long each time I feel like this. I leave you with this..."ONE THING AT A TIME"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, kathy, now i really wish we got a chance to really talk during the workshop. so much of what you have said (esp in the first paragraph) i feel. so much right now.

passion is what drives us all, without it, we would be lifeless.

lroah said...

I love what you wrote. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Where you get that T? Forever 21? Why yes, I am forever 21! I want one....going to the mall this week!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

i'm so happy about your experience...and your pure/passionate outlook on life, family and business. the sky is the limit for you baby!