Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Great Alaska

Monday, July 9, 2007

Great Alaska

You can only imagine how busy I have been up here on vacation in Alaska. I have a huge family and we have been enjoying the Midnight Sun (22 hours of it a day) for days on end. You would think that I would be doing shoots all night long, just because I can! I am doing the exact opposite. I have been capturing moments that are important to me and tell my story. I keep thinking I need to come up with these elaborate shoots because of all the beautiful backdrops but it really feels like work when I am around family. Making them pose and follow me into remote locations doesn't tickle my fancy.

This is what my family thinks about the whole harsh winter....going out to the Lake and getting out of hybernation to ski, play in the sun and enjoy the family time. We took a family picture (part of the family) in the ski boats this last weekend and I am finally able to post now that we are in town . I will be posting lots of pictures of our trip (no formal shoots, just what the doctor ordered).

3 comments:

Shyla said...

I LOVE that you have such a big family!! what a blessing.

I was totally thinking about you today and wondering how you alaska trip was :)
Im definitely going through Kathy withdrwals :(

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys soooo much! Only six more sleeps... ;)

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

Don't you come up again in July, Shyla? We are going to hook up for sure. I don't care if I have to crash the wedding that you are shooting!