Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: 41 Below

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

41 Below

Talk about extreme weather!!! You may have seen on the weather channel that it was 80degrees above zero today in Fairbanks. Well, this weather gives a whole new meaning to bipolar weather. That thermometer is for real and you can tell that it was too cold for Jamison to even look up. I took the kids and my niece (Kaiyuh) to a little place called Alaskaland. It is full of touristy things to do and we got hooked into the 40 below room. I wanted to give the kids a taste of my childhood when it would get butt-cold up here and we would still have to go to school. Who knew that I could recreate the whole scene in a freezer box and have fun in the cold for once. We went into the icebox (for about 5 minutes) and we were able to throw boiling water into the air and watched it disintegrate. Then we hammered a nail into a board with a frozen banana (you haven't lived until you've done that). The kids found a snowball and all the while I got to wear hot bunny boots and a parka that looked like the one my Mom made for me...and forced me to wear! What a kick!
This was real frost and her boogers were really frozen!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the 'Alaska' side of you... I am totally coming- tell dad to get my bed ready! ;)

Willow said...

Kathy you are so hot in those boots, so hot!