Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: The Godfather!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Godfather!

Remember the "hand thing" I have going....well, these two sets of hands are ones that I could pick out of a billion hands! My dad (Big Kahuna) is such a big part of my life and he lives thousands of miles away. He is my number one supported of my career and I know that he is so proud of each and every one of us...he's shows us all in his own way. I have my Dad's strong personality and yet my outer package is all my Mom. My Mom is the one that I strive to be more and more like each day. I don't know another soul like her on this planet. She has the most unconditional love, a saint-like spirit, and the work ethic of a worker bee. Just when you think you know your parents...you become and adult, then a parent and realize what all your parents went through to raise you and the true feeling of wearing your heart on your sleeve. I really don't know all intimate details of my parents...but I have learned what kind of person I want to be from watching them. They have devoted their whole life to family! Somehow I found photography on my path of marriage and parenthood and I know why now. Each time I look at pictures that I have taken and think about where I am suppose to go with the career...the answer always is that taking pictures of my family makes me happiest. I know that I found photography so that I could marry the two loves of my life....family and photography...anyone that I might take pictures of in between is just a bonus and will help me grow in other ways. I hope that my kids are able to look back at how we raise them and question things, wonder who we really are as individuals, and respect us for doing the best that we knew how. I know that they will know how much we love them, an that's all that really matters.
There is nothing better then this....walking into a room and seeing my Dad CRACKING up at my son that site naked before him, telling him jokes. My only wish in life was that my kids would be able to know my parents through their own experiences, and they already have hearts full of memories of their favorite people.

1 comment:

Kenz said...

Is it because I have met your hilarious amazing father or is it because I can imagine the emotions of seeing your far away family? I don't know. But I do know that I'm sitting here with crying! Thanks again!