Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: What is Love?

Friday, January 25, 2008

What is Love?

Jamison asked me the other day..."Mom, what is Love?" I have read so many definitions in my life and have defined this word many times myself. But, when he asked me, I could not find the words to tell him what it was. It was like it was the first time that I was ever asked what it meant. I kept saying that it's the best feeling in the world. It's a feeling. It's what you feel for you family. I was struggling. Well, when I look at these pictures the definition for me is clear. Love is the overflowing of emotion that I feel when I see these faces. It is the light that shines inside me everytime I think of them. Love is defined by the individual that is feeling it at that moment in time. Love for me is defined by this moment in my life. The love that they have for Jake and I right now is unconditional, its pure, and its what makes our life amazing. The love we have for them is indescribable in one sentence or even in one lifetime. "I love you three more than words can say...The world got a lot brighter the day each one of you came into the world. You have already made a difference in this world and there is so much more ahead of you. Your hearts are so huge and many people in this world will be blessed to feel even a small piece of all the love you have to give." I LOVE...Playing in the studio last night, trying to come up with Valentine's cards. It was so much fun to play in the studio together and they were really getting into it.

6 comments:

lroah said...

Kathy - I love the first one! You can just feel their bond.

Shannon Sewell said...

Yep- the definition of love is right there in those images. How incredible to be able to create something that can represent such a indescribable word ;) Love it, love them...

~S

Willow said...

i love them too! i want to squeeze them! :) squeeeeze!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

even though you're behind the camera, i can see the love they have for you! it's expressed on their faces in all of your pictures. they are so truly, deeply happy and IN LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Jamie's expression in the last one is hilarious! The photos definitely show their personalities! Great job.

-d

Anonymous said...

Okay - you made me all teary-eyed! Gorgeous images of your little ones Kathy! hb.