Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Keep it Real!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Keep it Real!

I just came up with my newest package name the other day. I was calling it the Rolling Stone package because of the theory of the photographers back in the early days of the Rolling Stone magazine. They used to send their photographers out with the band for months to years at a time so that that they could find the story. To me this was the most amazing way to get in the "real" moments of the subjects life. I know that I don't have the time or ability to do just that, but I want to be able to bring an element of that journalistic style back into my photography. Yes, it's time for another evolution from me again...."here we grow again":) The name...."Keep it Real"!!!! So, my top package is all about getting inside the family's (couple, dogs, whatever) daily life and trying to capture the "real" moments that will strike a memory years later. I want the kids to be able to look at the photo and no matter what their age, be able to feel like they remember something about that day. I want to trigger smells, emotions and the works with the story that I am able to capture in an 6-10 hour shoot. There are a couple moments that I got this week that I love.
And this is exactly what I am talking about for the "keep it real" concept. I love the posed photo of the kids.....but then wait....the real moment appears. Total take-down with all the memories oozing from it. Someday, one of these twerps will look at this photo and smile because...they want to or do remember.

3 comments:

jlchristblog said...

kathy - i swear you could write a book!!! ! i love listening to you. i love the shot of the kiddos and you are so right, capturing emotion is crutial. can't wait to see more!

Willow said...

you are inspiring in your quest for packaging and pricing. ummmm...just wondering if i should call my top session the kathy session? all the images, asuka, etc :) love you!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

YOU are the complete package. hahaha. no, seriously...you are.