Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Happy Friday

Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Friday

Why so Serious?...the title of my next chapter book:)
Well, it's Friday and I wanted to post something deep....then one of my friends told me that I am so serious lately. I know why she said it and yes, beneath the surface talk is much more serious then talking about the weather, talking about others, and all that other stuff I am capable of talking about. I still laugh ALL the time. I still play. I have fun...I mean, I am still Kathy for crying out loud:) "I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." So this is me, at this point of my life, attempting for the first time to live in the width. Before MS, my ego wouldn't allow me to jump into others shoes so easily. I didn't have doses of perspective all around me to question how I was living my life. Don't get me wrong, I know I have been a good person, but I am challenging myself for the first time and I am living life with intention. I have faced my own mortality and I am not afraid to die...and now I am not afraid to live! It just gets better from here and I know there will be a lot more serious talks that I have with people because that is what makes the ultimate connection. I want to connect with people, I don't want to just know them. I want to capture connections and stories through my photography. I am headed in a new direction and I couldn't be more ecstatic. These fresh steps in the new direction, on this new path are headed to grow, fulfillment and excitement. What could be better then that? I will share a few stories from mine and Heidi's book (on sale now!), Beyond The Bullet that will shed some light on some of the perspective bestowed upon me. So thank you for bearing with the serious talks;) There is nothing better except for laughing! Laugh with me!
Thanks for the pic Cin!

6 comments:

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

lol.. you're awesome! your blog always makes me feel lighter :) I'm excited for this new direction for you as well! I wonder how many new souls you'll set on fire this year.. with or without your camera :)

Willow said...

some of my favorite times have been our meaningful talks! you are so full of energy and i love that you share it with me :)

Unknown said...

i often think of some of the "serious" things that you said during our weekend at the beach. i think if everyone could live with intention the world would be an even more amazing place! so many people just go through the motions and let life pass them by. i want experience life, to taste it, to breathe it in! thanks for the dose of perspective. :)

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

i've never been more excited for you, kathy!!! the stories, the people, the laughs...there is so much waiting for you...

and once again, THANK YOU for reminding me of life's "reminders."

Terri J. for Her Sports Page Radio said...

hey kath
great title. i hope you are serious (pun intended) about the book. blogging is great therapy. you know how sometimes we have "aha moments?" well, tonight, reading your stuff i had more of a "wow!" moment.
jump kath, jump...with genuine intention.
love you guys, miss you guys and real tired of missing you guys...

Carla Pomroy said...

life is good, including the serious stuff- with two scoop of laughter on top. Feeling "it" in others and yourself is your gift. I imagine your photography getting so deep it ends up across the world.(yes a metaphore but all the same true) I got home from the PPW conference yesterday and want to hold the message of being true to myself in my minds eye and the camera lens. It's the only way to be authentic and congruent--
Hope you are doing well. Hug your beautiful children for me. I love their bright faces.