Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: First Ambulance Trip

Friday, April 24, 2009

First Ambulance Trip

Let me start off by saying...the story ends perfectly fine:) While visiting our dear friends up North we had our first ambulance ride with Jamie. The kids were playing on an indoor blow up, jump house. Jamie climbed up the ladder and fell from the top down to the jumping area. He landed kid of on his neck and flipped and Tré called us to the scene when he saw that Jamie was hurt. As I got to the jump house and saw Jamie barely moving or making noise, I started to panic. But the part I will NEVER forget was seeing the ultimate fear in Tré's eyes as he started to scream, "Jamie's dying, he's dead, Jamie's dying". Just writing it gives me the chills and fears all over again. Tré saw him pass out and go limp and his mind went right to the worst scenario. I would have to say I know exactly where he gets it, because I was doing the exact same thing. I scooped him up, limp and what seemed, lifeless and threw him to Jake. He came to in Jake's arms and seemed to be a little out of it. In minutes the ambulance was there and they were giving the check over and getting the story from terrified, little Tré. As everything calmed down Jake and I were able to recall a moment when he was a few months old. He was choking and cried so hard that he passed out. We have never seen it again until now, and I guess it is fairly common in some people. That is why we didn't really hear him cry...he cried so hard and silent that he passed out when we got to the scene....SCARIEST moment ever!
Can you just see the stress in their eyes as they watched their baby brother leave in an ambulance!He was such a trooper but he quite possibly has the best puppy dog eyes in the whole world.This is his nervous smile. He and Jalena were so brave and while we weer at the hospital they made him "I love you" pictures to tell him how much they missed him. Best and worst moment all wrapped up in one.

8 comments:

wrecklessgirl said...

awwww.jaimjaim. he seriously DOES have the cutest little puppy dog eyes. so glad that he's okay!

Shannon Sewell said...

when the kids told me this story i thought it was from a long time ago.. i didn't know it just happened! poor jaim :( i can't believe you got pictures.. that should give you pj award of the year or something!

~S

The Thomas Crew said...

Wow what an adventure. I'm glad he is okay but he sure does have the cutest puppy dog eyes :)

Shyla said...

what is it about you and your family that is so entangled in my heart strings that I tear up at nearly every post. My heart loves you guys.

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad he's ok!!

christy kelly said...

Poor little guy, I love that the older two were so worried about him! Precious!!!! Glad he is okay!!!!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

little babe! i can't believe that happened...and am sooooo relieved everything is A-OK! those eyes! he looks so scared, but i'm sure he was eating up all of the lovin' from everyone. xoxoxo

Amy said...

He looks like a wrapped up lil peanut. Very scary...thank God it wasn't anything major! Did you poop your pants a lil? I would have.....whoopsie, shouldn't admit that on here huh? Oh well...truth be told!