Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: My Secret

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Secret

I don't remember who was having the competition or what the prize was, but on that given day that I read about it, I felt compelled to write this. It was a competition on what our secrets are that set us apart from other photographers. There are very few secrets in photography anymore, but I feel like I might have one that not everyone has figured out;) Thank you Lindsay for the beautiful picture:)
"My "little secret" is definitely out of the ordinary...and I know it will be hard to understand and maybe even shocking. You see, I have an internal alarm in me, a switch that was flipped, that tells me when I am too stressed, not getting enough sleep or not eating right. The last time that this alarm was in me was when I was pregnant (3 times). I knew that I had to take better care of myself and live with intention when I was carrying that baby inside me, but then it would take the back seat when the baby was here. The alarm is on forever now.
How is this a secret tool for my photography you ask? What is my secret? Well, my photography career has been filled with new actions, new equipment, new styles, new scenes, new props and new ideas. None of which made me feel like I had reached my potential or made me stand out and get noticed. We all want to be noticed as artists. It wasn’t until I started noticing and paying attention to myself that I found fulfillment in my career and passion.
I blog because I want to blog and journal my life, not because everyone else is doing it or it’s good for my business. I take pictures because I want to be inspired and I make the time to get inspired. I love to take pictures of people because all I really want is to know them, to have a connection. I am a photographer because it ignites my soul and I want to make a difference and all of this is possible because of my “little secret”…. a diagnoses of MS in October. I have shed MANY layers of my ego. I am an open book, and I have no secrets and I know my passion is contagious. I have perspective. Maybe the secret that we are looking for to take us to the next level has been inside us the whole time?" Go find something to feed your soul today:)

3 comments:

jlchristblog said...

hey kath- you are such an amazing person. i am so glad to know you. you have such a huge heart and i think your 'story' would make such an inspirational book! i love what goes on inside your brain. have a great week! lindsay c.

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

that is a wonderful secret :) i think all the best secrets lie within. thank you for your honesty and vulnerability.

A

Amy said...

Yep and Yep. Love it all.