Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Teeth

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Teeth

I went to Jalena's class the other day to take some headshots of the kids. I had a parent show me one of their favorite pictures of their kid from a "photographer mom" (like myself) that came to the classroom and captured them sitting in a chair. Seemed simple enough and the picture was a genuine smile that wasn't forced on "picture day". With Mother's and Father's Day coming, I figured the teacher might be able to think of a project to incorporate them. Well, the project took a little twist for me when Jalena brought one of her teeth to school, the third one that she has lost AT school, and the topic of the day turned int how many teeth they have lost. I just think the toothless smile is such a beautiful indicator of the kindergarten/first grade year. Some kids hadn't lost any yet and they weren't happy about it:) There is nothing better then the toothless smile in my eyes or even the big squirrel teeth coming in, smile! There is 3 pics of the same kid at the end because two kids were missing that day and these are place holders:)
I am not a huge fan of the process! GROSS! This is the latest that she lost at school and was able to go to the nurses room to get a cool ring to out it in to bring it home. She got her wish to the tooth fairy when she asked to keep a tooth, so the silly little fairy gave her some money and left her one of her front teeth;)

3 comments:

Shannon Sewell said...

that collage is too unbelievably cute!!!

~S

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

omg. sooooo adorable! i was laughing when i saw that a kid was holding up all 10 fingers!!!!! and jalena's expression...priceless!

Amy said...

What a great concept! Super cute....is it weird that I don't want my kids teeth to ever fall out? They are so little and white!