Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: More AK

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More AK

We got to see one of my favorite people in the world while we were in AK. Jacque asked me to take a few shots of her family and it was a delightful treat! It was the first time I got to meet her sweet twin brother that was in town for the summer. She warned me that her Dad might have a panic attack over my lovey-dovey style and would want to be posed. I have to say that I built up some anxiety about this one the night before and all for nothing. They were an absolute blast, lovey and her dad actually got the posing award of the day...he was solid! We shot the first one as a joke because they have one family photo from about 10 years ago and they are all standing next to each other, stiff as a board in the positions that the photographer placed them in. I then asked them to have a group hug and they were into it from that point on...laughing hugging, playing and all the things that make sweet memories.
I was able to capture so many laughing ones of the whole group and especially between these three. No matter what else goes on in life, hopefully these pictures will allow them to look back on and be able to say, "nothing else matters". They are a very blessed family to have the love for each other that is there and I am so happy that I got to designate a day for them to remember and embrace that.
This is what happens when you don't kiss in front of your kids enough....classic:)
How incredible to be a twin...really, I can't even imagine it. I took a few of just the two of them and they showed me the sweetest connection between them. And the love they have for their younger sister was unreal.
Thank you Jacque for letting me into the soul of your beautiful family. You will always be in our hearts.

3 comments:

Shannon Sewell said...

love these! perfect family shots- natural, fun, happy... how lucky are they to have you there doing this for them? i think it was worth the 10 year wait ;)

~S

Willow said...

how freakin awesome are you? super awesome! "love"-too cool, karate jump, the s***, mom/dad kissing grrreat!!! my fave family is the one in front of the barn? door. i love the diamond in the bkg and the sepia looks sweet.

Elle J said...

My favorite is the "Love" shot ... totally awesome!!! All of them are great, but that takes the prize. Nice job!!