Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Dream Date

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dream Date

Imagine this...fresh, wild flowers spiraling up six poles. The walkway glistening with sparkles of water. Soft Hawaiian music off in the distance. The smells are so familiar that my over-active olfactory system doesn't even try to label them...they are just a part of me:) The stage is set for the most amazing date of my life. I need a writer translating my story right now like the Geico commercials because I am not going to do it justice.
Most people plan for something huge on their 10th anniversary because it is such a milestone. I don't really feel like it is such a huge one because Jake and I haven't really been through ups and downs...WAY more "ups" than "downs". And 10 years of marriage has gone by with the blink of an eye and I wish I hadn't blinked. Jake set up a surprise dinner out at the Lake with my family all around and fully involved. They kept me busy while he set up the most romantic dinner at the end of the dock, with a heater, music, and servers all included. The kids were our waiters (with a couple of their cousins) and I will never forget how the stared at us that night. They were so proud and so enthralled with our love for what seemed like the first time. They sat together all lined up gazing down at us from the deck, giggling the whole meal like they were spying on two unexpecting lovers who were so into each other that they didn't notice anyone watching. I have a huge smile on my face as I reflect back on it:) It was an a amazing night like I said. So simple...so pure..and packed with so much love that it will last a lifetime. 10 years of love and so much to show for it...how did we ever get so lucky? JAmie and Tré below feeling overwhelmed on the walkway of love! Thank you Jake....thank you for being you and loveing me so much. Love, K

4 comments:

Kenz said...

This is exactly why I only look at your blog once every...2 months cuz I cry every time! Congrats on your 10th and I can only hope that Spence and I are as in love and have as much fun as you two. Jake is pretty much Fabulous. ( you should tell him that so that he wont be mad at me for telling on him.ha)

Shyla said...

your heart, spirit, story, and relationship inspire me on a daily basis. Thank you two for being a beacon to all us single folk.


xoxo

Anonymous said...

I see that you pump me up pretty well in this blog post. If you haven't guessed this is your husband, Jake Carlisle, stalking your blog a little. You fail to tell your fellow readers that you are an amazing woman and loving you is very easy to do. I just happen to be the lucky man!

Willow said...

omg you had me with geico commercial...:)