Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Photographer Playdate

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Photographer Playdate

As many of you know, I love to network! I have said many times before that I am putting myself through college all over again. I get to set up who my speakers are going to be...what the subject is, and then I write a paper (or a blog entry) on what I learned. Well, I recently met up with a couple photographers from the area. Amy Pearson (beautiful soul) last week and Julie from Freckled Pear Studio this week. Yesterday Julie came over after I contacted her weeks ago and it turns out that we literally live 5 minutes away from each other! It was a day of "omg, me too" and "that is totally my story" moments. We are so similar in many ways and yet different enough to learn the world from each other. Everytime I meet with photographers and share knowledge, I am energized beyond belief and I always walk away with a deeper understanding of my own path. I can't tell you how many amazing photographers I have met over the years. What an amazing job that I get to socialize and learn from others in the industry...oh, and shoot together. Julie doesn't shoot in a studio much, so of course I took that as...well, let's just set up the lights and play! This is her beautiful daughter Avery and she was a busy little bug! We had a lot of fun with her and this was the first time any other photographer has ever taken her picture! I felt honored. Thank you Julie for the invigorating day and the ultimate playdate:)

This is a beautiful shot that Julie grabbed. Julie's not a girly, girl but she sure enjoyed seeing her girl is all the frills and pink!

3 comments:

Willow said...

girl on chair=timeless
love it!
she is so damn cute!

i think the next time you photograph me it needs to be in a tutu (but with my shirt on). i can just see it...and i'm not kidding!

averysmama said...

Oh Kathy, thank you so much for the awesome pictures. Seeing Avery as a ballerina does my heart good. :) It was such fun to chat with you and be inspired by you. Thank you for your generous spirit! I look forward to our next mommy date!
-Julie Natiuk

Anonymous said...

Oh yay!!! lol, I'm so glad you had fun too. :) Thank you SOOO much for your time and your enthusiasm that you shared. I keep saying I'm floating, and it's STILL true, lol.
These pictures with Julie and her mommy are priceless. How fun!!