Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: The Right Breed?

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Right Breed?

I'm going to pass on some valuable information that I am going to ask Cesar Millan to put into his second edition, maybe even a whole book dedicated to this serious topic. When thinking about bringing a dog into your family there is careful consideration for picking the right breed. We thought that a Dane's energy would fit us appropriately and we are a fairly tall family that would want our dog to match. What I didn't consider was the "rare beauty" factor. She looks innocent enough above, right? We did a little test at the beach a couple weekends ago, that has be in a tizzy. We noticed Keeta getting a lot of attention right away...I mean A LOT! So I sent Jake for a sexy, McConaughey-style run on the beach by himself to test some concerns....no reaction.

Then, just a sexy stance with his locks blowing in the wind....maybe a look or two, but really nothing again.
Now bring in the Show Stopper. You may be thinking to yourself..."ahh cute, a man and his dog".
Next level..."Wow, a hot dad and his show-stopping dog!"
"Ah, she sits and stays...look at that stance."
Now for the serious problem at hand that I didn't see coming. The lethal combination that we have brought on has created a frenzy around us.....Cesar, what do you do when you bring a "GIRLY-GETTER" into your lovely marriage. This is serious you know...just look at this woman's gaze. I can see your giddiness underneath that scarf you know!I am pretty sure that scene below would have dramatic music playing as this dangerous combination of awesomeness walks down the beach, making necks snap as people turn to get a glimpse. Have you ever seen such a site?So when considering a Blue Dane, please know that there is much more to the innocent question, "Is that a Weimaraner?" Because what comes next after you say, "no, Dane" is "Oh, well, I should have know, just look at those HUGE paws!" I am onto you girls...I know what you are really thinking;)
So as you sit there innocently, Keeta..just know that I am onto your little games. I'm watching you! You'll be taking walks with the Alpha and that is ME, you got that!"Who me?"
"Yes you...don't give me that innocent look!"

6 comments:

lroah said...

You are hilarious!

Shyla said...

haha. I miss your antics ;)

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

ROFLMAO!! you're funny! Jake looks sexy in the self-choke hold position ;)

Willow said...

i love the tones in all these and those vignettes, nice. i want to pet this little shiny pretty puppy before she gets big!!! that first one with just her and the leash, love it! oh yeah, jake looks pretty good too :)

Unknown said...

You are so FUNNY! Thanks for the laugh Kathy! I WILL be taking your advice into heavy consideration when/if we decide it's time for a doggy in our family :-)

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

Move over Cesar Milan!!!!!!!!!