Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: The Love you Make

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Love you Make

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" As many of you know, my Dad doesn't have the best health these days and he has had a VERY rough year to say the least. We went up to Seattle this last weekend to be with him on his 70th birthday. He is recovering from yet another surgery and this time he has lost use of both arms. We are hoping that he gets use back in his right one when it heals. I saw the most beautiful moment this weekend. My Mom and Dad are about to celebrate their 50th anniversary this summer (I think). I know these are suppose to be the "Golden Years" for them, but I would dare to say that they aren't exactly celebrating. Watching my Mom feed my Dad and my Dad get frustrated with having to take so many pills and to deal with the pain. To them it may not seem like a time to celebrate...to me though...I am celebrating their love. They have given and taken so much from each other over the years and their love continues to grow. How lucky are they to have each other to lean on in the worst of times and to hold each other as the experience the best of times. I pray daily that God gives them strength during these difficult times, but I also thank Him that they have each other and that we have an amazing example of love to model ourselves after. They are two of the most beautiful people in my life and I love them with every ounce of my heart. Emotions runneth over and I wish we could all be together as a family to laugh away all the bruises on our hearts:(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!!! you are always be the BIG KAHUNA without or without arms hehehe i am praying for you
love you kayla
love yah to teta great pic :) makes my grandparents look very good!!!

Amy said...

Oh K, this post made me cry. You and I have talked at length about how our relationships with our parents really are similar...prayin for your papa and I hope you get to spend even more time with him in the years to come!!! That pic is awesome!