Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: I'm with the BAND!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm with the BAND!

I had the beautiful opportunity to work with a couple a few years ago and they have since, become good friends of ours. Well, Keegan just released his latest CD call Hybrid and it is a collaboration of someone amazing artists and he asked me to do some live shots. Let me just say that I have never done this before and it was an incredible learning experience. The lighting was not spectacular and digital cameras do not like RED lights, but I think I was able to give them a pretty cool vintage look. The performance was out of this world...the talent was HUGE...and the Mission Theater was the perfect place to hold such a ridiculous jam session like this.

His whole family was there...including his glowing wife who is due with their first baby next month:) This picture of his Dad in the crowd made me get vapors. His family is so proud of him and their support is beautiful. I kind of wish my Dad was on my shoots jumping around like this...I think that might be a little distracting:)
The crowd was so into the moment and they were on the peace train.
This is one of the artist that was performing that night with them and he looked hysterical standing out in the crowd. I could pick him out like "Where's Waldo". Then my husband showed up and he stood out even more because he was a hair taller.

Fav shot of the night. This was so hard to get and I thought I missed it. Did I mention that live shooting in the dark is the hardest thing ever. Thank you Keegan for the experience and for sharing you passionate talent with another artist like me;)

5 comments:

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

you go with your bad self. i'm loving these shots...easpecially knowing how hard it is to shoot in these conditions. AWESOME shots Kathy. I love the one showing the crowd with their hands in the air...and that last one nails it. And the dad? Too cute!

Shannon Sewell said...

You totally nailed this. So cool... love how you captured more than just the band, but the whole experience. They are going to be so stoked to have these :)

~S

Take 5 Photography said...

So cool!

ENDub said...

Those are amazing pics missy. I love the microphone.

Unknown said...

This set is just crazy good. The ultimate photography success....To actually capture the entire feel of the event in photographs. I can't wait to put my band together and bring you in to do the same!