Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Confidence

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Confidence



If asked "what my favorite types pf shoots are", I would have to say my "hottie" sessions. I love, love, love the new Dove "real beauty campaign" (http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat4.asp?id=6909
I show this video to all my clients before we do a shoot and we talk at length about why they want to get pictures done of themselves. 50% of them will say that they want to do it for their husbands or boyfriends. I totally get this reasoning, but I won't accept it. I know that every girl inside knows that they are beautiful in some way and they all like to see a beautiful picture of themselves. So I don't allow them to say that they are doing the session for anyone but themselves. I love to see the process of coming into the studio doubting themselves and then leaving with a world of confidence. There was nothing I could have said to them to make them really believe they were amazing...but I am able to show them with my art (that's amazing to me).
My challenge is this....I have always had a decent amount of confidence, with the exception of normal girl insecurities here and there. How do I keep this beautiful little woman believing in herself, her beauty (inner and outer) and everything that she has to offer? I know I learned my confidence from my mother. I never heard her say once that she thought she was fat, not attractive or anything self distructive (not outloud anyway). I plan to show Jalena through example that beauty is definitely "in the eye of the beholder" and I hope that no relationship in her life can take that away. I don't worry as much about the boys, but I assure you I will be aware of their confidence level as well. I just know how girls think and I have never met a woman to this day that doesn't have insecurities, but it's all in how we handle them. K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jalena is so lucky to have you as a mother, Jake as a father. You are both remarkable people and I can only imagine what that combined force will create in your children :) Jalena has literally stopped me dead in my tracks at times in the past several months. I am amazed how that little toddler has turned into this beautiful, introspective, soft-spoken little lady.

Emmy thinks Jalena is famous now that she is on your blog ;) She said they're cute and she likes the 'rock pict-sho'. Great captures...