Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Getting Together

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting Together

I met Kelly this young lady the other night at the Fancy Pants gathering. We got to talking about photographers in the area and we figured out that we had a common friend, Darcie. Well fast forward a couple weeks and here we are all getting together like we said we wanted to do..thanks Darcie...you little do'er!

Anyone that knows me know two things about me. One...I am passionate! About many things but particularly my family and photography...duh:) And two...I love to talk;) Darcie Radtke (Truth in Light Photography) and Kelly Dunning (Punky Pie Photography) were my schoolmates for today. We chatted away the day talking about photography, kids, life and much more! Teaching each other as much as we could fit into 3 hours (with kid distractions of course). Learning from each other about who were are as people and what a little piece of what each our path's look like. I am feeling lots of things after that quick bath of knowledge...one, that they are not only fellow photographers, but friends. And two, the energy and enthusiasm that I get from these talks is empowering, inspiring and downright fun. Thank you girls for the playdate:) Below are two of my favorite playmates in the whole world and I have been waiting to use this photo for months. Here you go the infamous Shamone and Wreckless Girl! Here's to networking...going back to school...with a redefined classroom...playing nice, sharing and all that good stuff;) Thanks to all those people out there that have shared a little piece of themselves with me so that I can learn from your beautiful lives for a moment.
Isn't it interesting how blurred the lines get between, clients, friends, co-photographers, and you. I can tell you a few of my friends that I have today are because I once took their picture and then shared my passion with them and they picked up the camera and transposed it into their own life. That is actually just how Shannon and I met, and Kelly and Darcie met. Kelly actually hired Darcie to take family photos for them and now she is walking right beside Darcie on this crazy ride of a career. That's just unique in my eyes...and fun times!!!! Ultimately we are creating a HUGE network that feeds our united passion and is a breeding ground for creativity. Keep on networking and inspiring each other....there;s room for all of us:)

3 comments:

Amy said...

hey lady, give me some cc on my new pics on my blog would ya? I need some help with my camera again! It's REBELing against me! LOL! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Great post, Kathy!!! :)

Willow said...

ditto baby! love to share, it's the best thing ever! i think sharing creates positive energy, dont you? and meeting people, you just never know who they might be...possibly your new best friend! i miss you kathy! it's on my mind to come down for a play date, i just need to call you and plan it!! :)