Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: While you were out!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

While you were out!

This amazing story is going to have to take up a couple of posts because it is so full of moments that I never want to forget! Let me set the stage....Jake and I have always dreamed of a serene, perfectly, perfect grown up bedroom since we have been married. Why then, has it been at the bottom of the priority list? Well, he went away last weekend to Canada for B-Ball. I started to think about our room while he was gone the first night and I didn't like it at all. I will try to dig up a picture. Well, I decided to call my friend Amy just to tell her that I was thinking of doing a "While you were out" surprise for Jake and after my conversation with her we decided to do just that. I tried to talk myself out of it because I didn't feel capable or inspired. Well, inspiration was just what I go when Aaron and Amy came over to work on project "Love Nest"! I am not even going to try to put into words what this weekend meant to me! I will attempt it in the next post.

1st stop, Home Depot for supplies for designing on a dime.

You can tell how much fun we are already having at stop #1 from her cheeser smile:)Stop #2..our second tea of the day. I wanted to sneak up on the two when they came out of Starbuck's, paparazzi-style. First I had to set up the shot...BOO! Is that you Aaron Galeotii and Amy Seeley?!!!!!I am pretty sure that if Aaron's hands weren't so full that I would have lost all my teeth to a flying judo kick! LOL Are you dying over his scared face. This was so worth it for this one picture right here. We pretty much didn't stop laughing from this point on. Step 3..Take a picture of us, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed before we begin on Sat. at 5pm.Eager Beavers ready to go!Step 4...Bring in the helpers. Amy got Jamie.Aaron got Tré and Jalena.How did I get the short end of the stick and get this A-Hole?Let me just tell you a thing or two that I learned about this girl last weekend. She is even more amazing then I ever thought she was (which I thought to be impossible). Sometimes I overthink things until a I paralyze myself or get in my own way. I was trying to talk myself out of this project all the way up until after getting the supplies. Amy stepped up to the plate and started taking outlet covers off and taping and it felt like she was taking layers of fear off of me and mending my heart. It's just as I spoke about before when I talked about friends coming into your life and help you take the babysteps. I depend on Jake to do just that for me everyday and now I am trying to find the courage within. The "I can do it" attitude. Thank goodness I have friends as training wheels:) I have so much more to write on this and pictures to show. Just a teaser for now;)

9 comments:

lroah said...

How fun!!! Can't wait to see it!

Cody said...

grrrr we want to see the FINISHED room and all the nonsense that went along with it! hehehe
=]

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

oh man... you scared the shit outta me big time!! im surprised i didnt fling the drink in the air.. oh boy.. so glad to have been apart of this project for you guys :)

Aaron Galeotti Photography said...

btw.. paybacks a bitch ;)

Amy Messenger said...

k . this was so much fun. oh man . what a memorable weekend . so glad i got to share it with the whole clan .
even aaron randomly paint rolling our arms & legs was kind of charming .

Britt said...

oh, the hilarity.

both Aaron and Amy's faces are priceless....so good....

it's nice to be able to have a point of reference before, and during, the project...love it..

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

ok ok ok....i am DYIN over here!!!! i have been sick all week...then trish and jared came into town, so i haven't checked your blog OR returned your phone call yet and i come back to your blog and see THIS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!? soooo awesome! i CANNOT wait to see the final product! yeah yeah! you go with your Design on a Dime self.....and your Karate Kid kicks!

Lindsey Viersen said...

love love love it...and i am dyin' to hear the rest of it. the excitement in your voice when we were talking on the phone the other day was so contagious...not only did i get my dryer vent hooked up, we started building headers and firing out walls. you were my drug...in a good way!

Lindsey Viersen said...

oh and this reminds me of a trip i had to Home Depot this weekend myself...had to try not to giggle when I asked where I might find the "fire proof caulk".