Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Boom, Boom Pow!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Boom, Boom Pow!

Not too long ago I got to go up to Seattle to give a speech with Heidi at Washington Cease Fire. I wasn't too nervous going into the whole thing until my sister, Tracie said that she was going to be able to go. I didn't want to over-process my emotions of wanting to do great in front of her, and I certainly don't want to process why I couldn't look at her when I was giving the speech. I think it had to do with the fact that she looked like she was struggling to breathe because she was so nervous for me;) Can I tell what I have enjoyed processing...an amazing, grown-up day with my sister. We got to go to lunch together, no kids and we got to try out a restaurant that she has had on her list to try out. Let's just start there....
First there was the delish tea. This one is for our sister...can't wait to have a sister tea this summer!
Next was the rediculously good appetizer. Look at that presentation!My dish...Her soupA sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty
Now let's talk about how amazing my sister is. I think I have blogged on the other sister-power in my life, Lynn. I felt like she was w
ith us on this lunch because it was clean, healthy, Asian and I could just feel her presence. Miss you Lynn Marie! Meet the middle sister, Tracie.
Most the time Tracie and I get stressed out calls from one another about parenting woes or emotional rollercoasters we have embarked on lately. Well, this day was nothing but soulfood. We didn't get very deep, it was just being together that was so satisfying. Tracie is so modest when it comes to qualities being said about her and she is much more private then I am, but just let me take a moment to boast about this amazing woman in my life:) She has a smile that will light up any room...Her sense of humor and comedic timing is impeccable. I think all my brothers and sisters are the funniest human beings on this planet...She is so mysterious and yet she wears her heart on her sleeve. She cultivates her friendships over many years and is one of the most loyal friends you can find.I remember thinking that she was one of the smartest people I knew when she was in college. I still admire that medulla oblongata of hers. When she carries herself into a room, I think that people must think, I just have to know her. Well, I know her, I love her and she is someone that I will always admire. It's so amazing to get one of your siblings in front of the camera. They are so vulnerable and a tad uncomfortable, but it's an incredible process to capture the hero that is painted in my memory. I wish I could spend a full day with each of my siblings getting to know them and painting that picture of admiration with my lens. Thank you for supporting your little sis...the day meant the world to me! I wish the color would just be normal..I guess I can't drag my feet on making the new blog anymore so there will be no more complaining about dying color in my pics;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As the sista from anotha mista I must say I bloody well LOVE that I have these 3 AMAZING sister-in-laws in my life! Kath, I haven't read your blog in a bit and as usual it was on an unusual day when I wore mascre...yeah, dripping! You sound GREAT and you look marvelous! I miss you and can't wait to see you...soon? LOVE YA LOTS, sheli...smile