Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Whitebox Weekend

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Whitebox Weekend

When my friend Darcie, asked me to go on a weekend retreat with the girls of the Whitebox team, I jumped at the chance. I have always respected their humbled way of honoring each other within their business and their refreshing outlook. The weekend was set up as a beach get away and an inspiration jolt. Many times we are going to workshops of photographers that we respect just to get a glimpse of a possible secret that sets them apart. For me, I have only been to one workshop and it was enough to rock my world and reassured me that I have to be conscious of staying on my own path. If you are going into workshops looking for all the answers, I dare to say you will come out more confused. You will be so excited to try EVERYTHING that the other photographer is doing and at some point get overwhelmed because it is not the right pace for your own path. I am not saying that all workshops or mentoring is bad...I just think we need to be more honest with ourselves of why we are going in the first place. I went on this weekend trip to be inspired...to connect with new lives...to admire and learn from others paths...and that is just what I got and more. The bonus was that my dear friend, Cindy planned a trip to visit me and it fell on this same weekend.
I can sum up the time that I spent with these wonderful ladies in one word....HYSTERICAL!This was a little project that we all wanted to test out....you take a picture straight on and copy one side of the face and flip it so it matches up with the other side. So you end up with 2 left sides or two right sides. We aren't sure why it turned out the way it did. Cindy would like to think that the uglier it turns out, the more beautiful your soul;) It was the most hysterical moment ever. Go check out some of the other girls blogs to get more.Heather Boyles...we took pictures of her family the day we arrived and this is her and her hubby below.Paparatzi style
Heather's favorite memory of the day. She was shocked when she turned around to this many cameras at one time:)
Her beautiful fam!
I will have another post on all the girls and a few shots that I took of them. Thank you girls for being food for the soul, for being open-minded, and for shedding your egos at the door so that we could truly learn from each other. You have ignited my fire in more ways then one and I am so thankful for you in my life.

4 comments:

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

YOU...my dear...rocked MY world!!! I'm still on cloud nine. I will never be able to thank you enough for your time, talks and beautiful energy. I'm already wanting to plan my next trip to Oregon. Love the images you posted. Brings me back to all of the (as you said) HYSTERICAL weekend! Miss you...

Shannon Sewell said...

looks like the people you are holding close and choosing to bring in your life are making you very happy & helping you along your path. glad to see you in such a positive place :)

~S

Unknown said...

Love your captures Kathy! You really stepped back and soaked it all in. I so enjoy seeing the day through your eyes. It was a very special one for me ... in more ways than one! Heather

Willow said...

all i can say is i'm so jealous you got to hang with miss cindy!!!