Print Page Heaven's Eye Photography Blog: Numero Uno!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Numero Uno!

These pictures were from Mother's Day, and I wanted to blog about them so that I would have them in "my journal". It represents many #1's in my life. Can Family, God, and Husband all be tied for #1 in my life? This is a special place that we like to go to, to be close to nature and to each other:) The kids always have a blast just throwing rocks, exploring, and catching fish with goldfish nets. No it's not amusement park, we don't have a cabin out there with all the amenities, and it's not the beach. But, man is it a peaceful spot for us to connect and appreciate the simplicity in our days. I have been know to miss mountains among other obvious observations throughout my life, because I get so distracted in my own head. But, everytime I go out to this wonderful spot, I am able to see the tiny details and the amazing beauty around us. I have always said that I am not a nature-lover, but that statement couldn't have been further from the truth. I appreciate nature more than ever, I just have to quiet down enough to listen to it and really see it's beauty.

Speaking of beauty! After 10 years, my heart still flutters, the chase is still on, and the long running dispute of who got whom is still is question:) I am so thankful that no matter how much stress is in his life or what is going on in his head, he is always able to turn it all off when it comes to being with us. He is my ultimate role model in "being in the moment, and taking one thing at a time". He takes each one of us in like a breathe of fresh air and he absorbs every moment in so that it can get him through the next work week.
Plus I think he is HOT!
When are there we like to look for heart-shaped rocks to bring back to the house for inside and around our yard outside.
Riverbed rocks are so beautifully shaped and I LOVE the colors that bend together.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are an inspiration....There is a reason your life is filled with beauty and love! I so appreciate that you share your gift of words and photography with us all.

That family of yours is gorgeous!

Cindy Cieluch Photography said...

this is exactly why your photography says so much and touches so many. you put PEOPLE before photography. and HELLO hottie husband!

Willow said...

love love love the rocks. the heavens eye heart rock is my fave, i see business card...